Facilities

Kannerstein Field and Roy Randall Diamond

Back to Facilites Home...

Kannerstein Field hosted its official dedication ceremony on Sat., April 21, 2012. The new and improved baseball facility is named in honor of Haverford's beloved former athletic director and head baseball coach, Greg Kannerstein '63, who passed away in 2009. The major renovation project provides the team with one of the very best D-III baseball facilities in the country. The renovations include an entirely new playing surface, new irrigation system, new drainage system, new fences, new backstop, new bullpen mounds, new scoreboard, additional seating and a new roofed and turfed hitting facility.

Known to many as "Mr. Haverford," Kannerstein worked at Haverford for 41 years after his graduation. He coached baseball at Haverford from 1977 through 1991 and served as the director of athletics from 1983 through 2006. He played on both the baseball and basketball teams as a Haverford undergraduate.

Roy Randall served as the head coach of the baseball team for 33 years in a span that started in 1934 and carried through 1969 with just three missed seasons. He also served as athletic director from 1946 through his retirement in 1969. Additionally, Randall spent eight years as the head basketball coach at Haverford, starting during the 1933-34 season and continuing through the end of the 1941 season.

 

Visit the Haverblog page with photos and video of the dedication ceremony.



View the photo gallery of the dedication ceremony.

Kannerstein Field photo gallery.